I spent last Saturday at a parent conference that my professional organization sponsored. After that I attended a board meeting and then had dinner with the board members and others from the conference. I engaged in many delightful conversations of how to teach and parent better. We discussed books and there was even a bit of brainstorming. How I enjoy these acquaintances!Sunday morning I woke up and listened to Elder Wirthlin's talk titled "The Virtue of Kindness" on BYUTV... "Kindness is the essence of greatness and the fundamental characteristic of the noblest men and women I have known. Kindness is a passport that opens doors and fashions friends....We are all children of our Heavenly Father. And we are here with the same purpose: to learn to love Him with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength, and to love our neighbor as ourselves....My brothers and sisters, the gospel of Jesus Christ transcends mortality. Our work here is but a shadow of greater and unimaginable things to come."
A friend of many years from out of state is coming to visit tonight. Her kindness is remarkable. It touches so many lives. She is a good example of Elder Wirthlin's words.
(The views written in this post are the views of the author and do not necessarily represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.)
1 comment:
Today we took Kailee to the airport to fly home. While waiting in the airport a man sat next to Dan and started up a conversation with us. He was so friendly and kind. It reminded me that there are nice people out in the world and I should make more of an effort to meet them and be kind to those around me. You can do this in such little ways: a conversation, a smile, letting a car merge in front of you, a compliment. Life is wonderful, share your happiness with those around you!!!
Post a Comment